Advanced Awareness Counseling
Advanced Awareness Counseling, LLC. offers marriage and couples counseling, as well as family counseling as needed. We take a thorough look at the dynamic and the interaction of the couple (and family members if they are included) and try to identify areas that are compromised and areas where there are strengths. We address areas of concern while simultaneously striving to keep a strength based and positive psychology approach.
Marriage/Couples counseling can be effective in helping in the following areas:
- Identifying toxic relationship patterns to initiate the process of change.
- Exploring problems from a new perspective and learning new ways to recognize and resolve conflicts as a result of the tools provided by the therapist.
- Partners can begin to build trust and improve communication that may have eroded the quality of their interactions.
- Counseling can provide neutral territory involving a neutral third party to help couples agree upon and work through tough issues with support.
- Couples can decide to rebuild their marriage and make a renewed commitment, or clarify the reasons why they need to separate or end the marriage.
We utilize concepts and approaches from the Gottman Method, Attachment Theory, Motivational Interviewing, Interpersonal Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Positive Psychology, and Trauma Informed Therapy.
We are amenable to seeing the couple as a pair as well as individually. In the case of each partner wishing to come seperately for individual sessions, we may suggest that the partners select another therapist on our staff for individual work, or we can provide an outside referral. We strive to keep the boundaries of the counseling situation as healthy as possible. This would be determined on a case by case basis.